Friday, September 24, 2010

Beginnings

So I am starting this blog not because I think that I have something special to say that no one has ever said before.  In fact, in trying to name my blog I thought of about twenty other names that people already had.  I realize that some people blog because they do feel unique, which is great, but that's not me.  I also am not starting it out of pride or because I feel I have something you don't.
I am starting this blog because I love people, I care for others deeply.  I hate that we don't love each other and that people are so hurtful.  I hate when I am this way.  I also love God, more than I love people.  Now this hasn't always shown in my actions, but I pray that with each and everyday he will help me grow in my love for Him, which helps me love others.
Just to clarify, I love God the Father through Jesus Christ.  Now I know I've lost some people here, but because I love him and love you, I want you to know that I'm writing for Him.  I actually have felt led lately to attempt to share my faith and struggles and share more of who I know and how you can know Him.  I pray that God can use this as a tool.
So my final reason that I am blogging is because there are many who call themselves Christians who are not staying faithful to their faith.  They aren't finishing the race they started and this worries me.  What worries me even more is when we say we are believers yet aren't Biblical in the way we live our life.  Now I know that some people see this as being legalistic, but I don't.  Legalism is when you attach something else to Jesus Christ for your salvation.  By being Biblical I acknowledge that I love the Lord, and Jesus is my only hope of salvation.  But also, because He loves me, and I love Him, I will obey him, not in my power, but through the power of the Holy Spirit.  And I believe that I am not the only one who should strive for this.  Now I know that we aren't perfect and life happens, but when we fail, when we sin, when we blow it, does it bother us? Do we have conviction?  Do we have a desire to go towards the Father in spite of our sin? 
This is my question and this is why I'm writing today, may not be everyday, but it is today.  I want to see believers wrestle with their salvation with fear and trembling.  I want us to embrace the Word of God and the Spirit of God with every thing within us.  So if that's something you're interested in then subscribe or read or do whatever you do to a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment